We have settled into a relatively normal routine these days, now that I am finally learning to read Lucy's signals. She certainly keeps me on my toes, though. I think sometimes she switches things up on me just for fun.
I have done yet more learning this past month. For example, did you know that babies can spit up... through their noses? Yes indeed, folks. Being the internet-generation-mom that I am, I immediately googled this phenomenon, and was relieved to discover that this is, in fact, very normal. Who knew? (Apparently, the internet did).
Some further lessons gleaned this month:
- Swaddling can be helpful when baby is agile enough to remove the pacifier from her mouth, but not to put it back in
- Feeding solid foods to your baby is a messy business, both going in and coming out
- Lucy has some distinct fascinations in her little life: Feet (shod or un, hers or others') and cups
- Socks are all but futile once the feet make it to the mouth. They end up soaked, stretched out, and eventually off the foot altogether. They are useful as teething toys, however.
Speaking of feet in the mouth... Amanda and I demonstrated our extreme maturity when, upon seeing Lucy doing this for the first time, we both (simultaneously) decided to prove that we could still do it, too. While standing, no less. A proud moment for our mother. ;) Such talented girls. (No, there is no picture of this... thank goodness).

No comments:
Post a Comment