We are SO CLOSE to having the living room done. So close I can taste it.Actually, that would be kind of gross. Paint is not superbly tasty, so I hear.
The living room to-do list has now been reduced to:
- Prime and paint above the top shelf
- Attach quarter round molding at the back of mantel (scheduled for Monday night)
- Patch and paint over finishing nails in quarter round molding
- Texture over the drywall mud on the ceiling (scheduled for Monday night)
- Paint ceiling over new texture
- Install electronics
- Pick up all the random junk that has accumulated around the living room and office area
Add to this that our bedroom furniture has all been assembled and put in place (thanks to some wonderful help from friends yesterday!), all our clothes have been moved from the old dressers to the new ones, and the leak in our shower is fixed (with the wall patch scheduled for Monday night as well)... It all adds up to feeling like there is some definite forward momentum. At least some of the constant chaos around the house has almost come to a close.
We have scheduled our house to host an event next Sunday afternoon, so we also have a deadline to shoot for. I don't know if this is a good motivation technique, or if we are gluttons for punishment. I guess we'll see. ;)
Thank you to the MANY of you who have been a part of helping out. We're not done yet (the nursery still looms), but I'm feeling so much better about the projects than I have been recently. I think we'll make it.
On a side note, I am 31 weeks pregnant today, which means we are into the single digits for number of weeks left till the due date. Eeek!
No comments:
Post a Comment