I got a gold star from my skinny midwife on my weight this week. :D
Well, not a literal gold star, but I did manage to avoid gaining any weight this week. Not that I really was trying all that hard... with the creme brulee and all. I even made chicken fried steak for dinner on Wednesday. Okay, so, "not trying all that hard" may be an understatement.
Moving on... I (obviously) had my weekly check up appointment today. All is looking well and normal. I'm officially 1 whole centimeter dilated, and 20% effaced (is that TMI?). Baby is still head-down and ready to go. I'm just fine with her taking her time, though, since my to do list has plenty left on it (and despite the fact that sleeping will get easier with no more heartburn and aching hips, I don't think I'll actually be getting any more sleep once the baby comes). We learned on Wednesday in our birthing class that the average first pregnancy is 41 weeks. At this point, not being massively uncomfortable yet, I think I'd be okay with that... though a 10/10/10 birthday would be pretty awesome.
My mom got to accompany me to today's appointment, and the midwife did another ultrasound to double check the baby's position, so that was fun. It was also good to catch up with my mom, since we hadn't seen each other since hearing the news that my grandpa (her dad) passed away two weeks ago.
I can't believe the birth is so close. It still doesn't feel "real" most of the time, but every so often, I get a flash of "oh-my-goodness-this-is-really-happening-and-it's-right-around-corner!". Come to think of it, it's probably good I don't live in a constant state like that... I'd be exhausted from the continuous adrenaline rush! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment