There are few things in my life right now more precious than my sleeping daughter.
This picture was taken on Sunday night... when we finally moved Lucy into the nursery for the first time. I was surprised that the transition made me a little sad. Lucy's bedroom is at the opposite end of the house from our own (something which we will no doubt be thankful for in future years), but on Sunday night, it felt like moving her a world away to this new mom. Thanks to Winnie the Pooh (a gift from Uncle Chris on the day she was born) and Topper the Giraffe (a gift from Aunt Joelle on her one month birthday), Lucy wasn't lonely her first night in her new room.
She has adjusted well to the new sleeping arrangements, and we are admittedly glad to have our living room back. Lucy's paraphernalia had started setting up permanent shop on our couches for awhile. :)
I find that life with a baby has started to assume more of an air of normalcy these days. We are quickly settling into a routine, and I may even try my luck at cooking again soon! Between the generosity of our friends and church family who provided meals just after Lucy's birth, and the 17 frozen meals I had stored in my freezer, I have not yet made dinner since we brought Lucy home. I think my favorite skillet is starting to feel neglected. ;)
I have so enjoyed and treasured being home with Lucy, and watching how quickly she is growing and changing in the past five weeks. She grows more dear to me every day. How I look forward to continuing to experience precious moments with her each day!
I had the same issue when we moved both boys from our room (in a cradle) into their own room. I used to get up several times to go look in on christian "just in case the monitor doesn't pick up something". You will get used to it though...and the days? They just get more and more precious. :-)
ReplyDelete