Saturday, November 6, 2010

Training Wheels

On Tuesday, I took Lucy out and about... all by myself. It was a proud day.

Okay, so I admit... my mom came over in the morning and helped watch Lucy while I got ready, so I guess it wasn't totally without aid. But it was a step toward returning to normalcy again, toward being self-sufficient and able to do everyday things without constantly needing another pair of hands.

Jacob went back to work this week, so I've had more time on my own to manage Lucy's care. Tuesday morning actually didn't start out well... there were some tears during the morning nursing when I realized there was no one around to hand off this crying baby to. But the day definitely got better, and I was feeling pretty confident by the end the day.

The week has been full of small milestones. My mom and Jacob's mom have both come over during the week to help me out, but I am feeling more confident about taking away these "training wheels" and beginning to juggle caring for Lucy and managing a household during the weekdays on my own. I even did laundry this week! (And before you wrinkle up your nose in disgust, no, it hasn't been four weeks since laundry has been done... I just haven't been the one doing it).

I think it has also helped that Lucy has started sleeping for a long stretch at night, sometimes up to four hours! It's amazing how good four straight hours of sleep feels, and how much of a difference that makes in one's outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment