NOTE: I actually wrote this blog about 4 weeks ago, but never got around to adding the finishing touches and pictures.... so, since I'll be writing the eight-month update soon, I figured this seven-month update really ought to be published.
I have decided that Lucy may not be the adventurous child in her group of friends as she grows up. "Deliberate" and "cautious," maybe. But not "adventurous."
Lucy showed great promise of being an "early mover" a couple months ago, when she learned how to stay in the sitting up position all on her own, and much earlier than many babies usually can. Since then, however, she remains content with just sitting. She did, of course, learn how to roll off her tummy and onto her back, highly motivated by her distaste for tummy time. She has shown zero indication of interest in rolling the other way, though. Why roll ONTO your tummy if you dislike it so much? -sigh- Lucy also seems to be so perfectly contented with sitting and playing quietly (which is a wonderful blessing!) that crawling is just too much work to attempt. :) So, for all of you asking if she's crawling yet, the answer is a resounding "no." She just loves to sit and play with her toys, or stand whenever someone is willing to hold her up.
I had a very nice (and full) first Mother's Day weekend. One of the highlights of the day was getting to dedicate Lucy at church. For those not part of our church family, that means that Jacob and I made a public commitment to be godly parents to Lucy, and to raise her to the best of our ability to seek a true relationship with God and follow His precepts. During the dedication, Lucy was simply a peach, smiling and waving her arms and legs excitedly, and eliciting more than a few chuckles from the congregation (and pastor!).
During this month, my parents, Lucy and I took a trip out to Oklahoma for a week to visit my grandparents, and to drive them to and from my cousin's wedding in Arkansas (about a 4.5 hour drive... or 7 hours if you're doing it with a baby). Lucy did very well during both the flights and long drives. My grandmother has decided, though, that since Lucy changed so much since our last trip in January, we must now plan to come visit every three months so they can keep up with her constant growing. :) It was hard to leave Granny and Granddad, but I was so glad we had the chance to visit them.
No comments:
Post a Comment