Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Solar Powered

Apparently, I like having a fire in the fireplace because it's full of sunshine, according to my husband. This is good, since I am (in his phraseology) his "solar-powered" Sarah.

Of course, he included a lot of other details, like how photosynthesis provides energy for the trees to grow, and then the energy is stored in the wood, and somehow some sort of bonds are broken down in the fire, and the wood turns into AIR... at least, that's what I came away with. Also, I am fascinated by the fact that a piece of wood contains heat even though it's not hot. Kind of. 

Maybe Jacob should teach the science when it comes time to school our kids.

Speaking of, many people have asked me the question of whether we plan to homeschool our children. As you've probably gathered, the answer yes. At least, that's the plan. It would be silly to say that no matter what, we're going to do this, because we can't predict every circumstance that might happen. But if at all possible, I would very much like to homeschool. It was an extremely positive and beneficial experience for me, and I want to pass that on to Lucy (and Pip, and any other future children).

I'm really looking forward to homeschooling our children, actually. I LOVE to learn. One of the members of our Bible study group mentioned last night that he is going back to school... and I was quite jealous. I hope to pass on that love of learning to our kids, too.

Jacob's grandfather recently passed away, and this is one of things that he really invested in with his grandchildren. He always got them "learning toys," and then helped fund their college education. What a wonderful legacy to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment