Okay, theoretically, I'm always an adult (enter Cosby's "riiiigght").
Then, yesterday evening, I put on my wedding coordinator hat and met with a bride-to-be about her upcoming June wedding. Every time I talk with a new bride about working on her wedding, it confirms how much I enjoy doing this. The meeting last night was intended as a preliminary time of getting acquainted with I do, but the bride let me know after chatting that she definitely wanted to hire me (and this was after she had talked to 2 other coordinators to compare!). As much as I enjoyed the "being an adult" time yesterday, I was also reminded of the blessing of being a stay at home mom. During lunch, I was asked what things are new in my life and how things are going, etc. My response was something akin to "Well, we moved the crib to the other side of the nursery... I live a small little life." My coworker replied with "You don't know how much I would LOVE to have a small little life and do domestic things!" I totally remember those feelings just before coming home from work. And I do so enjoy my life now (most days). I'm just not sure how many people are all that interested in hearing about furniture rearrangement in the nursery... which is about as exciting as it gets around here. ;)
| Notice how all the shelves are neatly filled with toys and books and blankets. This was not the case pre-move. ;) |
I like the new placement of the crib; I bet Lucy appreciates not bonking her head when she stands up! ~Amanda
ReplyDeleteThe chair arrangement reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears!
ReplyDelete