I sent Jacob a text with this picture, and let him know that Lucy was wondering when he was planning to arrive home, since she was so excited to see Daddy. :)
Two hours later, with half-done pork chops on the stove and about at the end of my rope, I texted Jacob again, sending him this picture. Just this picture. No message. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?
By the time Jacob actually got home, Lucy was in the Ergo carrier, since I got tired of attempting to finish dinner while stepping around this tiny, whining speed bump. I believe my first words to Jacob upon him hitting the door were: "Take the child."
He did. Because he's a good husband like that.
That last hour of the day before dad gets home, though... whew.


I know EXACTLY what you mean! I swear there's something about toddlers and whining... how do they figure that out??? They know the perfect pitch that will make mommy go absolutely INSANE in less than 30 seconds. Praise the Lord for wonderful husbands though :-)
ReplyDeletep.s. I posted a link on FB that you should check out. I'm sure you'd appreciate it too!