This has become an almost hourly conversation in our house...
Lucy makes the "eat" sign
Me: Are you hungry?
Lucy runs to fridge
Lucy: Yosh?
Me: You want strawberries?
Lucy: YOSH!
Me: Can you say "STRAW-BERRY"?
Lucy: Yosh!
Me: STRAW-berry
Lucy: YOSH
Me: STRAW...
Lucy: staaaa
Me: BERRY
Lucy: beeee
Me: Good! Now say STRAW-BERRY
Lucy: YOSH
Me: Okay, you can have some yosh.
I don't know why strawberries are "Yosh," but there you go. Unfortunately, this sounds very much like her words for "Trash" (yash), "Ice" (aish) and "Applesauce" (shosh).
Also, "Cheerios" and "Yogurt" have both become "YOyoyo"...
Sometimes I think an interpreter would be nice. And then I realize, I AM the interpreter.
On a more exciting note, Lucy called me "Mama" just this Sunday for the first time! She has said "Mama" before, but only repeated it after someone prompted her. This week she now points at me and calls me by name. I didn't realize how special that would be. She's been calling Jacob by name (Da!) for ages, and even before that was calling Joelle by name when we Skyped (Yoh!). Grandma beat me out by a day though... Lucy called Joy Grandma (Gama!) on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment