Monday, September 3, 2012

So I had a baby today...

We are now a family of four. :)

My water broke last night at 3:30am, so we called in babysitting reinforcements (Grandma and Aunt Jenny), who stayed the rest of the night with Lucy while we headed in to the hospital.

We got admitted around 4:30, after discovering I was at 6 cm already! I had been hoping for 4 cm (since I'd been close to 3 cm at my last appointment).

Labor progressed fast... like, really fast. At 7:15 I started to feel the urge to push. Patrick was born at 7:28 after pushing through about 2 contractions.

Here's the stats:

8 lbs, 9 ounces
20 inches long
Head: 34 cm

So, for those of you who are sad you didn't get notified and had to find out (not only that I was in labor, but actually have a new baby!) via the internet, know that we would have contacted you, but didn't want to text at 4:00am, and after that, things were too fast to even think.Thanks for understanding. :)

Will be posting pictures sometime today, but are enjoying some family time (I'm taking the time to write while Patrick is bathed, weighed and measured).

We are doing pretty well, so a few visitors would be okay, but please call us (Jacob's or my phone is okay) before coming as I know sometimes things feel different after the adrenaline wears off. :)

5 comments:

  1. It makes me smile to know that you wanted him on Monday and he came the very morning. Good timing, baby Patrick! I can't wait to meet you! Hope you're feeling well, Sarah. I'm so happy for you, Jacob and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was incredibly fast!!! I guess it does fet faster the more kids you have! ;) So happy for you guys! Welcome to the world little Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah J, lest you get your hopes up, our baby #2 was 25 hours of labor. So much for that theory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you and Jacob as you start life with another little one.

    ReplyDelete