Earlier this week, when faced with the choice of being productive or napping while both kids were sleeping, I chose to be productive. It felt good to get stuff done, but I regretted it that night, which was a particularly sleepless night.
So today, attempting to learn from the past, I chose to take a nap when given the same opportunity. I then proceeded to spend half an hour attempting to fall asleep, and almost succeeded. I was this close. And then I heard noises from Lucy's room over the monitor. I spent another 15 minutes laying in bed, hoping the noises (which I continued hearing) would just go away on their own. Apparently rationality doesn't come in large doses when groggy.
So now I'm out of bed, Lucy's awake, Patrick is close on her heels, and I have neither productivity nor rest to show for the precious time they were both asleep.
Please pardon the grump. I'll be back when the pity party's over.
I came for the pic, and stayed for the whine.
ReplyDelete:)