I am saddened by many things this post-election day.
Most of all, though, I am grieved by the continued disregard of the lives of unborn children. As I think about another four years under the leadership of a man who supports whole-heartedly the practice of abortion, I have a knot in my stomach, and cannot help but shed tears.
I disagree with President Obama on many issues, but many of them do not really mean that much in the long run. Money is just money, and if my taxes go up, so be it. I'd rather they didn't, but it's just stuff. I think the President's views on health care will result in an inefficient system, but if that happens, so be it. I will still be grateful for the health care I have.
But babies' lives are NOT "just stuff." I cannot dismiss so easily the slaughter of millions. While I can at least see the other side of the issue on many other things, I cannot understand the justification of valuing a woman's personal convenience over the life of a defenseless child. And I cannot understand attempting to define the beginning of life as being anything other than at conception... any other point in the life (yes, life!) of an embryo, fetus, or baby is simply an arbitrary designation.
At over 3,000 babies' lives lost per day from abortions, the numbers are staggering (and this doesn't take into account the estimated 38,000+ chemically induced abortions per day from women taking the abortion pill). How is this not the most extreme form of the strong abusing their power over the weak and helpless?
My heart is heavy today.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am with you. It it heartbreaking to thinking of all the lives and futures that won't be fulfilled through abortion. We hear everything in defense of a woman's right, but do not hear about the right of the baby inside her. I am even more grateful for the work of Birth Choice and other similar ministries which help women see the truth of life in pregnancy.
ReplyDelete~Amanda
You're right, this is devastatingly wrong for our country. We cannot claim to lead the world well, when we set an example of murdering our own children. You should send this or something like it to your representatives in Washington and Sacramento.
ReplyDelete