Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feeling the crunch

I feel like the closer I get to the end of the pregnancy, the more speedily time is going by... Eek!

So far, we have emptied the nursery of furniture and painted a first coat (with the help of Jacob's mom). It is awaiting a second coat now. And the the closets and shelves still need to be emptied so we can make room for baby stuff. I'm not sure we're going to get around to the painting before Saturday. -sigh-

I had my first baby shower on Sunday, which was so fun. It really made things start to feel "real," and we were blessed by the generosity of many family and friends. My mom threw the shower, and did a Luau theme. I love Hawaii. I have one more shower scheduled for tonight, hosted by our church family.

For now, our guest bedroom has become the new storage room while the nursery is getting painted and cleared out. I'm so anxious to get all the gifts neatly arranged in the baby's room! Perhaps that will happen this Labor Day weekend.

As the due date is quickly approaching, so is my last day of work! My final day in the office will be Thursday, Sept 9th (coincidentally, my 4th anniversary). There were so many things I had on my to do list to use up the time between coming home and the coming of the baby, but with how slowly recent projects seem to be progressing, I fear I may have been a little overly ambitious in setting goals. Ideally, I'd like to do the following while on my pre-baby maternity leave:
  • Pack for the hospital
  • Get up to date on the last year's worth of filing 
  • Write thank-you notes for the shower
  • Start our annual Christmas letter, and get as much written as possible
  • Address Christmas letter/baby announcement envelopes
  • Go through all our digital pictures, print select ones, and get them put in albums
  • Make a few more freezer meals for after the baby
We'll see how much I actually get done!

1 comment:

  1. I would throw out the filing, buy lots of frozen pizzas, and watch Pride and Prejudice. I guess it's a good thing we aren't roommates at this point, because I would be really good at helping you get nothing done. :)

    ReplyDelete