I have now had a grand total of two whole days of not having to go into work on a weekday.Can I just say... THIS IS AWESOME.
Yes, I know the day will come when I ache for adult company... or any company, when my chores list is mundane and droll and underwhelmingly domestic, when it feels like I do the same laundry, pick up the same toys and wash the same dishes endlessly without making forward progress, when I want to poke myself in the eye if I have to change one more diaper. I know this. I have heard it from many stay-at-home moms. It's not all fun and exciting.
But you know what? It's pretty darn cool right now. I loved being able to get up and do some puttering before getting ready for the day, do a load of laundry and hang it outside to dry while it's still light out, start dinner before 5:30, get my car's oil changed and have an hour+ wait time be okay because I'm not trying to fit it into a lunch break, to plan this week's meals with a mind that is not stale from thinking at work all day... Today was great. I was productive. I was relaxed. And I'm eating it up.
My to do list today is completely checked off (as well as the things I didn't get to yesterday), and I even got something done off tomorrow's list!
So, with a whole two days under my belt so far, I declare this stay-at-home thing is a great invention. :D
Bravo. You SHOULD eat it up! Even as hard as Lucy's babyhood was, I still especially loved the first year of not going to work. And even on the hardest days, I still love that I can choose to stay in my jammies if I really want to. It's one of the WONDERFUL things about staying home. So I say more power to you, girlfriend. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't change a moment of having the gift of being at home with the kids.... Bad days? Oh, yes. Days when I'd go to my room and put the pillow over my head? Oh, yes. Days when I though all 3 kids would be forever under the age of 5? Oh, yes. Long summers when I thought school would NEVER start? Oh, yes.... but oh the fun we had and when all 3 kids got on their knees, raised their arms and called me "blessed" ... I wondered what they wanted. :o) You're gonna love it, Sara.
ReplyDeleteOh Sarah, these are beautiful moments. Just enjoy the sun on your face, the anticipation of your new one, and your alone time with your hubby. Once baby comes, the beauty of these days will only increase. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteGreen with envy (but thrilled for you) !!! Love the pic. :)
ReplyDelete