Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nine months


Look at me, posting just two days after Lucy turned nine months old. I feel so on top of things. :)

We had Lucy's nine-month doctor's appointment yesterday (yay! no shots!). She is now 28.75" long (90th percentile) and 18 lbs (50th percentile). The doctor seemed very pleased with her development so far.

Lucy's now eating all sorts of solid foods, from regular vegetables to chicken and onion and eggs. She's also a BIG fan of cheerios. She's perfecting her "pincer grasp" (thumb and forefinger) and feeds herself like a pro... just the cheerios, though. She's more interested in squishing any other foods I try to put on her tray (like peas or sweet potato pieces).

On Sunday, Lucy finally seemed to "get" the idea of picking up her feet to move somewhere, and now she LOVES holding on to Mommy or Daddy's hands and half walking/half dancing her way around the house. It's looking more and more like we're just going to skip the crawling phase all together.

I'm sensing that Lucy is creeping closer and closer to dropping one of her two naps, and I'm doing my best to hold on to that second nap as long as I can! I see my discretionary time getting a big dent in it in the near future, with Lucy approaching mobility and sleeping less. A whole new adventure is just around the corner for us, I think.

We celebrated Jacob's first Father's Day this past month, and Lucy and I went out and got some portraits done at Sears (he had requested some family pictures for his desk at work). Turns out, it's kind of exhausting to take a baby to get portraits done! I was so thankful to have gone with my mom and sister, since the extra hands (and moral support) were a great help. Jacob was very excited to get his gift on Father's Day...

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful father's day gift! It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete