Dear daughter of mine,
Last week, I went in and just sat in your room for awhile. Every little piece of this new nursery speaks of your coming arrival. There are blankets for the coming winter days, neatly folded and ready to pull out and wrap around your tiny body. There are stuffed animals, some that are new faces and some that have been with me since I was young, eagerly waiting to make friends with you. Your bed is made and sits patiently in the corner for the time when you will rest your head there. You have already started a book collection, and many of the titles on the shelf were read to me when I a little girl. How precious to think of reading them to you soon! I sewed curtains together yesterday to better cover your windows and keep the room cool and dark during the summer. Your closet is lined with the tiniest clothes imaginable, and I can't wait to see how each little outfit looks on you. The changing table is complete with a soft pad and a wonderfully fuzzy cover, and a myriad of diapers sit prepared for action. :) I'm sitting now in the glider rocker that was a gift from your great-grandma (Gege), and I anticipate spending many hours sitting right here with you in my arms. Two of my favorite little touches are the adorable mushroom nightlights nestled among your stuffed animals. They make me smile every time I see them.
We have spent so much time preparing to meet you. It is still hard to conceive that soon that moment will be here, and you will be more than just an idea or a dream. You will be here in our arms! I am so anxious to meet you, to learn who you are, to memorize every feature on your small face, to touch your tiny toes and feel your hand grasp my finger. Your dad and I are so thrilled to be welcoming you into our home and our family, and there are so many others (your grandparents and aunts and uncles especially!) who love you already.
Dear daughter, this preparation for your arrival has opened my eyes to the anticipation Christ has in welcoming His children home. Jesus told His disciples before He left this earth, "I go to prepare a place for you." How amazing to have a Savior who is preparing a new home for us, as we have been preparing your new home for you! I pray you will grow not only in the love of your parents for you, but also in the love of our Savior, who loves and cares for you even more than we do.
We look forward to meeting you soon, Little One.
thats so sweet, you're gonna make me cry!
ReplyDeleteAwwww...Sarah this is amazing. What a great letter to show miss bean someday! And the nursery turned out so cute! Soooooooooooo happy for you friend!
ReplyDeleteSniffle! Save this and give it to her again when she's older!
ReplyDeleteSniff....sniff. This is a very sweet one, Sarah. Wow. Sniff.
ReplyDeleteAnticipation, keeping you waiting. . . but oh how sweet when she arrives. from Sharon Peters
ReplyDelete