Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Anticipation

I had another first earlier this week. As I was sitting on the couch reading, I noticed my tummy moving (not an unusual thing these days). I usually find this fascinating in and of itself, and could sit and watch little Miss Bean move for ages. But on this particular evening, I also felt an overwhelming sense of how much I really loved this little person inside me. It came on so suddenly, I was almost teary-eyed with the thought. I will grant you that pregnancy hormones probably had something to do with strength of the emotions, but it was such a precious moment to really feel how much I already love our daughter. That night, I wasn't sure I'd be able to wait three more months to really meet her!

The previous night, I also had my first dream about our baby. I've been having vivid dreams for some time now (one of the many side effects of pregnancy), but this was the first I'd had about Miss Bean, and really getting to hold her and feel her in my arms. It felt so real!

I know these last three months will alternatively feel like they are flying by, or crawling by. Either way, they will soon be over, and our lives will change in ways we can't yet imagine. I continue to look forward to that day with some trepidation about the transition, but mostly with ever-increasing anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment