Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whales and other impersonations

I have never felt more like a beached whale than when I try to flip myself, my belly, and my body pillow over in bed, which only happens about 42 times every night. This is because my hips protest violently whenever they happen to experience any pressure from me lying on my side for more than 12 minutes. You can imagine how conducive this is to sleeping. And then of course, getting re-adjusted on my three head-pillows (necessary thanks to heartburn) is process in and of itself. The fact that Jacob still sleeps through the night despite this makes me wonder whether he'll also sleep through the baby crying! ;)

In other news, I'm now very ready to have this baby. At least, mentally. My body has not yet gotten the memo. Over the last four days, I have gone walking three times... record breaking when you consider that I've not voluntarily gone walking in a few months. I have my doubts about the effectiveness... Granted, I feel some contractions when I'm walking, but nothing that lasts beyond the return to the front door. I even do my best to walk "briskly," despite the fact that this turns me into a 5'8" giant penguin.


I've also apparently been bitten by the "nesting" bug. I've been making even more freezer meals, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, cataloging my freezer, washing pillowcases... all of which feel terribly urgent to me.

So, for those of you who have been asking, "How are you feeling?"... that's the answer. Like a whale, a penguin, and a busy beaver, depending on what time of day you catch me.

2 comments:

  1. it won't be long now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll sleep through the baby crying after the first couple of months.

    ReplyDelete