Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You're going the wrong way!

So, as of 2:00am this morning, I was having 30-second contractions about 7 minutes apart (to go to the hospital, they need to be 60 seconds long and 5 minutes apart).

Four hours (and no sleep) later?    Zip. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Just a wiggling baby and tuckered, still-pregnant mom.

Boooooooooooo.

I wanted to tell my body, "Stop! You're going the wrong way!". Contractions are supposed to increase in intensity, right? -sigh- So, here we are this morning, bleary-eyed and a little disappointed. And just a tad miffed that this was a middle-of-the-night experience.

I know, I'm still a few days before my due date, and the average first pregnancy is 41 weeks, not 40. I know all this. Really, I do. But it was so exciting to think it could be NOW, instead of "soon."

I'm treating myself to a pumpkin spice latte today... and I might even get a venti, just because.

5 comments:

  1. Your body is getting ready. The surprise of the arrival is always so memorable. I hope your latte is amazing, and that you get some rest today. You'll need it when it comes time to go to the hospital! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Sarah! Sorry your night of sleep was interrupted. I'd say the venti is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think you deserve a treat after that. NOT fun! I gather they were strong enough that you couldn't sleep through them.. I hope you were able to get cat naps in between contractions at least! The waiting game is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. booo indeed. you should get another pumpkin spice latte today... just because!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! Between all our prayers and the pumpkin spice latte, I hope your day (among other things) is turning around. :)Love you!

    ReplyDelete